Thursday, August 20, 2009

Almost Perfect Things....

(1) Urban/commuter bike: Kona Dew. Properties that the perfect commuter bike should possess: knobby road bike tires for efficiency, flat bar for comfort, NO shocks for weight/efficiency, and a very low price. I purchased a 2008 Kona Dew for $300 and it possess all those properties. I love it.

(2) Mountain bike: Specialized Stumpjumper. I have owned and ridden a number of mountain bikes, including full suspension and hard tail. For the type of riding I like to do -- riding up 1000-2000 verticle feet on fire roads and trails and then riding down single track -- a light weight hard tail is ideal. The stumpjumper, in my mind, gives you the best bang for your buck in the light weight hard tail catagory. You could upgrade to a stumpjumper pro or comp model, but I would save the money and just by a new stumpjumper a little bit sooner.

(3) Sunglasses: Smith Slider 01. Very light weight, very comfortable, and changable lenses. I've owned my pair for about 8 years and I still love them (although the are getting pretty scratched).

(4) Coffee Maker: Keurig B77. This coffee maker uses K-cup pods, which are expensive at about $0.50 each and they fill up the landfill, but, overall, it is so convient and the coffee is wonderful. I am just sick of cleaning the old coffee pot and love getting a nice cup of coffee at the push of a button in the morning when I am half awake.

(5) Bag: Timbuk2 Messenger Lapton bag. Very comfortable and useful. Perfect.

No comments: