Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Review: Wet Desert by by Gary Hansen

This is the first (and only?) book by Gary Hansen. It came out in 2007, but I had never heard of before now, and I only started it because Amazon was selling it for $0.99 on the Kindle (and it had a 5-star average review). It was the best $0.99 I ever spent. A very exciting and interesting book set on the Colorado river in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California. I love that region of the country, and having a book take me back there was great. Hansen is a good writer and a great story teller. It amazes me (and makes me a little sad) that this book is #246,941 on the Amazon best seller list. Everyone with a Kindle should buy it! Every publisher should sell 3 year old books for $0.99. What do they have to lose? Grade: A-

No comments: